What is your money up to when it's not in your pocket? The accounts below make sure that your cash is busy funding renewable energy projects.
What is a Clean Energy Credit Union Savings Account?
- When you put your cash in one of these accounts, you earn a high annual percentage rate
- Your funds are then used to provide loans to other credit union members installing renewable energy projects
- This account is online only, but has no monthly maintenance fees
What is a 1% for the Planet Any Deposit Checking Account?
- Bank of the West donates 1% of net revenue to 1% for the Planet
- Comes with an app that tracks the carbon impact of debit card purchases
- No minimum balance required and no monthly fee with at least one deposit per month
What is a Beneficial State eChecking Account?
- None of your funds will be used to fund fossil fuels or coal - however, they might be used to fund Affordable Housing or other non-Renewable Energy projects
- For around every $100 dollars deposited, around $10 will be used to make loans for Environmentally Sustainable projects
- This online account has no monthly service charges
Other articles you might find interesting:
Disclaimer: GreenPortfolio aims to keep all information on the site current and accurate. However, when you may find differences between information listed here and information listed on a financial product provider’s website. Opinions expressed here are not those of any bank, credit card issuer or financial institution, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Please complete your own due diligence before making any financial decisions.